20 Powerful Questions
To help you walk your own path, with less struggle and more joy
Dear Fearbusters (*)!
— (*) Coined by my friend Borut Zrim,
Some days ago, I got inspired by an intriguing question: To succeed, what pain will you say yes to? At first, it sounded so counterintuitive, but then, it makes lots of sense.
Every decision we make intends to create the conditions for us to feel good, achieve something, or progress in some direction. We focus very much on the objective but quickly forget about the cost and consequences of that decision: “My decision of working as an independent entrepreneur increases my chances of being financially insecure while achieving a sense of freedom.” Is that sense of freedom worth the suffering that comes from the lack of security?
So I continued reflecting upon the power of questions and asked myself if there are some capable of opening new perspectives for people trying to embrace growth, personal development, and potential? (Including myself).
I want to share with you twenty questions I compiled with the intention of illuminating areas our attention doesn’t usually pay attention to. I recommend you to take enough time to reflect and write your answers:
- Do you know what to do to lift your spirits when feeling down?
- What gives you a sense of success every day?
- Which are the values you used to make the most critical decisions in your life?
- What is indispensable for you to feel satisfied?
- What is no longer necessary in your life?
- What are you sacrificing for having a sense of safety?
- What are you willing to endure for becoming the best version of yourself?
- Which struggles are not worth your energy anymore?
- Can you find sources of joy every day?
- Do you need to forgive yourself for something?
- Can you unconditionally forgive others that harmed you?
- When do you take care of your body?
- What do you do to keep a healthy mind?
- Where is your attention spending more time: the past, the present, or the future?
- Which characteristics of your personality are a response to insecurities and fears?
- Which old fears and insecurities make no sense now?
- When do you feel the need to be defensive?
- What do you do for the welfare of others?
- What are you willing to sacrifice for making this world a better place?
- What is the most optimistic version of the story of your life?
Feel free to share with us in the comments below your findings.
I sincerely wish you to create some space and time for self-reflection, peace, and joy.
Originally posted in Deconstructing Fear.